In 1786 Wilson refers to Cloghroe as the seat of Mr. Capel. In the late 18th century this house passed by marriage from the Capel family to the Fitzgerald family. J. C. Fitzgerald was resident at Cloghroe in 1814. The house, valued at £28, was occupied by Thomas Keogh in the early 1850s and held from Thomas Fitzgerald. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey referred to it as the residence of Major O'Mahony of Blarney Mills. A house is still extant at Cloghroe.