Lewis refers to Myrtleville House as the seat of Dr. Shea. This was Dr William Augustine Shea or O'Shea, brother of Luke Shea of Gortigrenane. By 1850 it was being leased by James Fegan from the Puxley estate among others and was valued at £25. Ó Murchadha notes that it had earlier been owned by the Trant family and had a suceession of owners since including several periods of occupation by members of the Daunt family. It is still extant.