Seat of the Rye family in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Colonel Rye. Lewis writes in 1837 that “the plantations around Rye Court are very extensive and beautiful”. The buildings were valued at £66 in the early 1850s. Ryecourt was burnt in June 1921 during the War of Independence. The family built a smaller house in the garden and continued in residence at Ryecourt into the 1970s. Ryecourt House was demolished but some of the farmyard complex remains.