This house was the home of the descendants of John Colthurst and his wife Jane Bowen from the late 18th to the early 20th century. It is still extant though it was damaged by fire in June 1920. The Irish Tourist Association survey in the early 1940s recounts the boycotting of the family following the Sheehy-Skeffington murder in 1916 and their subsequent departure to live in England. In the early 1940s it was the property of John O'Shaughnessy who also owned Dripsey Woollen Mills. In 2014 it was offered for sale.