In 1786 Wilson refers to Anagh as the seat of Mr. Barter. The representatives of Benjamin Roberts were leasing this property from Rev. W.C. Brent and others at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £18. In the late 1870s, it was the seat of the Barter family. The derelict remains of Annagh More remain at the site.