Brinny House was being leased by J.H. Wheatley to Rev. George Nash at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £30. In October 1854, it, together with the rest of Nash's property at Brinny, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The house is described in the sale notice as "in good repair". Lewis refers to it as the seat of J. Nash in 1837. In the late 1770s and 1780s it was the residence of Nash esq. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey referred to "a semi-derelict old mansion near Brinny Bridge, the reputed residence of Seán Dearg Nash, tyrannical provost of Bandon, 1690-1724". The original house is no longer extant.