In the 1770s and 1780s Codrum was occupied by Hutchinson esq. It was the residence of John Warren in 1814. There were two houses in this townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation, one occupied by Richard Ashe and the other by Massy H. Warren. The Warren house was known as Codrum House. It was valued at £19. Frederick H. Warren was resident in the 1870s. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey referred to Codrum as the home of Mrs.S.W. Baldwin and also to the murder of Colonel Hutchinson there. The original house at this site is now a ruin.