Hajba writes that Roger Langley leased this property from the Longfields in the mid 18th century. Lewis writes that William J. McCormick, medical doctor,occupied the house in 1837. A boys' school was established at Kilpatrick by the McCormicks. At the time of Griffith's Valuation William J. McCormack held the house valued at almost £10.15 shillings from Christopher Langley. Sir William J. MacCormac was a well known London surgeon, the son of Dr Henry MacCormac of Belfast. The house was occupied until the early 20th century but is now a ruin.