Hajba writes that Cooliney was originally part of the Bowerman estate and that the house was rebuilt in the mid 18th century. It passed through marriage to the Nevilles of Furnass, county Kildare. Occupied by Mr Thomas Weldon in 1814 and by R. Weldon in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Robert Weldon held the house and 85 acres from James Hill. The house was valued at £20. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that it was then the home of the Goold family. The house was restored in the 21st century.