Hajba records a lease of Rathroe House from Sir Robert Deane to Denis McCarthy dated 1779. In 1837 another Denis McCarthy was occupying the house and he was also resident in the early 1850s when the house was held from the Reverend Nicholas Chinnery. The buildings were valued at £26.15 shillings. Hajba writes that the McCarthys continued to live in the house until it was sold in the 1930s to Con Meaney TD. The house is no longer extant.