At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the Misses Newman were leasing this property to T. & J. Allen, The house was valued at £25 and the mill at £225. Lewis records it as the seat of T. Allin in 1837. The mills afterwards became the property of the Bennett family and later of the Rank company and continued in business until 1963. The house is still extant.
In 1786 Wilson refers to a house in this area as "Mount-Shannon, the seat of Dr. Calnan".