Thomas Beamish held this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £50. In 1837, Lewis refers to it as the seat of Sampson Beamish. In 1906 it was owned by Sampson Beamish and valued at £68 15s. Local sources suggest it was built by the earlier Sampson Beamish and occupied by his descendents until the mid twentieth century when it came into the hands of the McCarthy-Murrough family. It is still extant and occupied. In 2013 it was offered for sale.