In 1815 Smith refers to Mr Philpot inhabiting Dromagh. A seat of the Leader family in the 19th century, Lewis writes that the castle was once the chief residence of the O'Keeffes. In 1906 buildings at Dromagh were valued at £27 and William N. Leader was the occupier. Donnelly states that it was burnt in March 1921 during the War of Independence. It is now a ruin.