At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Standish Smithwick was leasing this property from William Stanley, when it was valued at almost £8. It is recorded as Phale House on the 1st edition OS Map and as Phale Court on the later 25 inch Map. In 1837, Lewis refers to Phale House as the seat of E.H. Good. In 1914 it was occupied by the Hosford family. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of John Wade. It is also associated with the Deasy family.