John Swanton was leasing this property from Rev. Maurice Townsend at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £15 10s. Lewis had noted it as the seat of Rev. E.P. Thompson in 1837. It was the residence of Samuel Jervois in 1814. Taylor and Skinner's 1783 map also indicate it as a Jervois residence. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr.Jervis. In 1906 it was owned by Katherine Townsend and valued at £44 5s. There is still an extant house at the site.