The original historical abbey buildings in this townland are described as 'in ruins' at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. It was formerly the residence of a Mr Crofton but was then occupied by a caretaker for the Orme family. Abbeytown House is shown a litte to the north on the later 25-inch map of the 1890s. The property was bought by Anthony Carolan of Crossmolina at the sale in 1852 and the house was later lived in by the parish priest. Abbeytown is still extant and occupied.