In 1786 Wilson refers to Kilballyowen as the seat of Mr. O'Grady. This was the main seat of the O'Grady family, described by Lewis as a "handsome modern building" circa 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the buildings were valued at £41. By 1906 they were valued at £70 and the property was still in the possession of 'The O'Grady'. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor lists the types of artifacts, paintings etc to be found in this home of Madam O'Grady in 1942. The house was demolished post 1968.