Occupied by R.Q. Sleeman in 1837 and by Frederick Alms in the early 1850s who held the property from the Knight of Glin. This house was in the possession of George Fitzgerald Hartigan Putland in 1865 when it was advertised for sale on 107 acres and held under an accepted proposal for life of G.F.H. Putland from the Knight of Glin. Caheragh House is still extant.