In 1837 Lewis mentions Tomies as the seat of D.J. O'Sullivan. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the property, valued at £5, was being leased by Daniel O'Sullivan from the Herbert estate. Bary states that this house was more usually associated with the O'Donoghue estate, citing references to "O'Donoghue of Tomies" in the local press. In 1906 Lord Ardilaun owned the property at Tomies East valued at £8 15s. It is now in ruins.