John Spottiswoode was leasing this property from the Knight of Kerry's estate at the time of Griffith's Valuaton, when it was valued at almost £4. Lewis refers to it as the seat of Capt. Spotswood in 1837. The 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s labels the property as "in ruins". In 1906 a property of the same valuation at Coarhamore nearby was owned by the Congested Districts Board. It is no longer extant.