James M. Hone was leasing this property from the Earl of Listowel's estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £30 10s. Lewis indicates that it was the seat of S.E. Collis in 1837. It was used infrequently by the Earl and Countess of Listowel as a summer residence but most often let out to other families. It is still extant and sometimes operates as a guesthouse.