Pierce Mahony was leasing Kilmorna House to William Lunham at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £23 10s. On the first edition Ordnance Map it is labelled as Kilmeany House. In 1786 Wilson refers to Killlmeny as the seat of Mr. Gunn. Bary states that it was originally a Raymond house, named Riversdale but that it was bought by Pierce Mahony in 1834. Leet, in 1814, refers to it as the residence of Mrs. Raymond. In 1906 it was the property of George Gun Mahony and valued at £20. It continued to be occupied by the Mahony family and their descendents until 1921 when it was burnt and the then resident, Arthur Vicars, shot dead.