Tarbert House was owned by Robert Leslie at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £24 10s. Both Leet in 1814 and Lewis, in 1837, note it as the seat of R. Leslie. In 1906 it was valued at £25. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage suggests the house was built c.1720. In 1786 Wilson describes it as "happily situated on an eminence commanding an extensive view". The house has remained in the Leslie family since that time though the estate was sold to the tenants c.1904. It is open to the public during the summer months.