At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Timothy Horgan was leasing this property from the Earl of Listowel's estate when it was valued at £5. In 1837 Lewis mentions it as the seat of Captain O'Halloran. In 1814, Leet refers to it as the residence of John Raymond. Bary writes that, in the eighteenth century, it was in lived in by members of the Fitzgerald family, the Knights of Kerry. The original house was destroyed by fire in the early 1970s and a new one constructed at the site.