The old Bourke Castle on the river Deel was granted to the Gores at the end of 17th century. The castle along with other lands was leased to James Cuff, Lord Tyrawley towards the end of the 18th century. Wilson refers to it as "the pleasant old seat of the Earl of Arran, now occupied by Rt. Hon. James Cuffe" in 1786. Occupied by the Cuff's steward for part of the 19th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Captain St. George Cuffe and valued at £60. In 1894 Slater refers to it as a seat of the Earls of Arran though this may refer to the late eighteenth century house nearby.