Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||This was originally a 17th century house situated almost on the shore of the Shannon. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as "Paradise, the delightful seat of Mr. Henn, finely situated on the side of a high hill". It was altered in the 19th century. Many members of the Henn family were involved in the legal profession and lived in Dublin so the family did not inhabit the house much until the second half of the 19th century. In 1814 John Scott was residing in the house and Thomas Arthur in 1837. In the mid 1850s the house was unoccupied and Augustus Arthur was the immediate lessor. It was valued at over £17. The Henns began to reside soon afterwards. IN 1894 Slater refers to Paradise as the seat of Judge Henn. The Irish Tourist Association Survey File of the 1940s refers to rumours of the Colonel's intention to sell Paradise. Destroyed by fire in 1970.|
|Poor Law Union:||Killadysert|
|OS Sheet Number:||50|
|OSI Grid Reference:||R277 622|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]