An O'Callaghan property from the 18th century, George O'Callaghan was residing at St Catherines in 1814 and D. Sampson in 1837. Burkes 1904 records George's brother Edward "of Coolready" and he was married to a Miss Sampson. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was unoccupied and Ralph Westropp was the immediate lessor. The buildings were valued at £24. Only the servants' quarters now remain and have been converted into a family home.