Weir writes that the present house dates from the late 19th century. An earlier building was in the possession of members of the Church of Ireland episcopacy. Occupied by Marcus Patterson in the mid 19th century and held by him in fee. The buildings were valued at £8. In 1906 Marcus Wyndham Patterson owned Ballycuggaran with 618 acres of untenanted land. [Grid reference is approximate].