Home of the Pearse family in the 18th century, in 1786, Wilson refers to the house as the seat of Mr. Pearce. Ross was occupied by John Blake in 1814. In 1822 a new house was built at a cost of £2,500 and was the residence of T. Westropp in 1837. Thomas Westropp was the fifth son of Ralph Westropp of Clonmoney and Attyflin. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Ross was the residence of John Digan who held the property from Anne Westropp [widow of Thomas]. Buildings valued at £23 and some untenanted land at Ross were the property of Ambrose Hall in 1906. It is still extant.