Home of the Colpoys family in the 18th and early 19th centuries. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Colpoys in 1786. It passed by marriage to the O'Callaghan family. The sale rental of 1850 describes Ballycar as a cottage style residence with 'a fine garden attached'. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was occupied by Edward Bennett who held the property from the Misses Abbott. At this time it was valued at £18. A house is still extant at the site.