Henry Herbert was leasing this property to William England Young at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £7. In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Name Books describe Tullig as "a large house, two stories high, with offices and a garden, the residence of Widow Chute". Earlier, in 1786, Wilson notes Tullig as the seat of Mr. Sandes. Bary states that the house was originally built by the Saunders family and that it later passed to the Brosnan family who have lived here for several generations. Bary also mentions that William E. Young was married to Agnes Sealy and lived at Ballinvariscal House in Novahal parish.