At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Robert Leeson was leasing this property to Edward Hartnett when it was valued at £11. On the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map it is labelled as Charter School but by the 1893 edition it is named as Castleview House. Bary indicates that the property was originally built in the mid-eighteenth century and operated as a Charter School until the 1820s. Papers relating to its operation as a charter school are included in Ms.17,973 [Quane Papers] in the National Library of Ireland. It was later enlarged by the Hartnett family who occupied it for much of the nineteenth century. It is still extant and occupied.