Elizabeth Rowan was leasing a property to Patrick Holohan at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at almost £3. Lewis refers to Rathanny as the residence of Mrs. Rowan in 1837. In the 1830s the Ordnance Survey Name Books noted the house, built c.1730, as the residence of Mrs. Rowan In 1786 Wilson mentions Ratanny as the seat of Mr. Rowan. Bary states that the house was built by the Rowan family in the eighteenth century and lived in by them for much of the early nineteenth century. It was sold in the early twentieth century and is still extant and occupied.