Weir writes that in 1722 Francis Gore leased Lifford to Richard England. Patrick England was High Sheriff of the county in 1749. In 1786 Wilson refers to Lifford as the seat of Mr. England. By the early 19th century the Right Honourable Matthias Finucane was resident at Lifford House. Honoria Slattery, the common law wife, of Andrew Finucane, son of Matthias, occupied the house at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was valued at £20 and was held from Sir Richard England. Weir writes that the house was demolished in 1965.