James Butler was occupying this property at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £9 15s. Both Lewis, in 1837, and Leet, in 1814, record it as the seat of Whitwell Butler. Bary states that it was probably built by Whitwell Butler in the late eighteenth century. In 1906 the property was owned by Arabella Butler and was valued at £8 5s. It continued to be used by the family until the end of the twentieth century but is now unoccupied and in poor repair.