At the time of Griffith’s Valuation James Hickson held a property, valued at over £21, at Brackloon.On the 1st edition OS map it is labelled Foildarrig. By 1895 it had become known as Red Cliff. Bary states that Hickson built it as a summer residence when he worked as the agent for Lord Landsdowne. It was later owned by the Catholic church and more recently operated as a guesthouse. In 2003 it was offered for sale.