Chaffpool House was the centre of the Armstrong estate in the 19th century having previously belonged to the Somers family. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was owned by Catherine Armstrong and was valued at £35. In 1906 it was occupied by the representatives of Edward Armstrong and was valued at £49. It was also recorded as a seat of the Armstrong family by Lewis in 1837. Extensive remains of walled garden, stable and a later (c.1890s) house remain.