The original house used by the Browne family, Lords Kenmare, was located in the Demesne. It is named Kenmare House on the 1st edition OS map and by Lewis in 1837 but later came to be called Killarney House. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, the property was valued at £90. Bary states that this house was probably constructed in the early 18th century. In 1872 the 4th Earl decided to build a new house and the original house was demolished. The later Killarney House was located in Knockreer townland.