This property on the Earl of Kenmare’s estate was valued at £7 10s at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. In 1786 Wilson refers to Dooneen as the seat of Rev. Dr. Bland. Bary states that it had been built in the 18th century and was one of the chief farm properties on the estate. It is labelled Upper Park Cottage on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s. Part of the original building appears to be still extant. In the same townland is Wood Park Cottage [V985934], also a farm on the Earl of Kenmare’s estate. It is still extant.