At the time of Griffith’s Valuation James F. Bland was leasing a property valued at £29 at Derryquin, from the Guinness estate. Lewis, in 1837, and Leet, in 1814, record the house as the seat of Francis C. Bland . The property was eventually sold by the Blands to the Warden family. In 1906 it was owned by Col. Charles W. Warden and valued at £70. The Wardens resided there until it was burnt in 1922. It was located in the grounds of what is now the Parknasilla Hotel but the ruins were demolished in 1969. See www.parknasillahotel.ie for e-book on the history of this property.