The McCarthies had owned a house at Headfort since the 17th century but by the 19th century it was in reduced circumstances. The Ordnance Survey Name Books mention it as the residence of Morris McCarty. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, Daniel McCarthy was leasing the property to Francis Mayberry when it was valued at £3. In 1906 it was the property of Daniel McCartie and valued at £6 5s. It is now in ruins.