Christopher Gallway was leasing an extensive milling concern from the Kenmare estate at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. It was then valued at £85. Lewis refers to "the extensive flour-mills of Messers Galway and Leahy, worked by the river Dinagh" in 1837. Lyons notes that the mill complex was sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1855 and purchased by Richard Leahy for £1500. It was taken over by the Electricity Supply Board in 1940. The mills are no longer extant.