Martin Lawlor was leasing a property valued at £55 to Thomas Cotter at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. It is described by Lewis as the seat of D.S. Lawlor in 1837. Bary states that there was an earlier house, belonging to the Madden family, at this site. In the later 19th century, Thomas Cotter ran the property as an hotel. It has been incorporated into the Lake Hotel complex. See www.lakehotel.com.