Denis Lawlor was leasing Grenagh House from Henry Herbert’s estate at the time of Griffith’s Valuation when it was valued at £23 15s. Lewis mentions Grena as the seat of John O’Connell in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that it was built by Mrs. Delaney in 1792. Bary states that O’Connell was obliged to leave the house due to debts. It then came into the possession of Denis Shine Lawlor and later again, Daniel James. It was afterwards the property of the O'Connor family but has been ruinous since the mid twentieth century.