In 1786 Wilson refers to Mount Meredith as a gentleman's seat close to Killarney. Bary writes that this is the property that later became known as Summerhill, held by The O’Donoghue. The Ordnance Survey Name Books note that this townland was leased by St. John Mason to Richard McGillycuddy and Madam O'Donoghue in the 1830s. The house is described as "formerly a handsome house but is now suffering to go to ruin". At the time of Griffith’s Valuation it was valued at £3 and leased to James Donovan. A substantial modern farm exists at the site now.