In 1786 Wilson writes that Mr. Irwin's property was situated "on the right of Strandhouse Inn" and nearby was Tanrago, the seat of Mr. Dodwell. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Capt.Richard Olpherts was occupying a house at Tanrego, barony of Tireragh. In 1894 Slater refers to Tanregoe as the seat of Richard Verschoyle. In 1906 Tanrego was the property of Richard J. Verschoyle and was valued at £25. It is still extant and occupied.