A house labelled as "Tully House" at Tully, barony of Moycarn, is shown on the first edition of the Ordnance Survey map adjacent to Tully Castle. It was described in the accompanying Name books as "a gentleman's place, a very good home in good repair". This townland was owned by James Thorngate at the time of Griffith's Valuation but the only house is valued at 10s. Tully Castle is labelled as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance survey map of the 1890s. In 1786 Wilson mentions "Tulleigh" as the beautiful seat of Sr R. St.George.