This house was the home of the Ormsby family in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was held in fee by Anthony Ormsby at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £40. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as " the beautiful seat of Thomas Ormsby". In 1938 the Ormsbys sold Ballinamore to a Scottish order of nuns, the Order of St John, who used the house as a school. The building was donated to Western Care in the 1970s. It now functions as a nursing home.