Richard Irwin was leasing a property valued at £35 at Rathmoyle, barony of Castlereagh, from George H. Kirkaldy, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This property was also recorded as the residence of Richard Irwin in both 1814 and 1837. In 1749 the Census of Elphin recorded that Arthur Irwin, farmer, resided at Rathmoyle. Gormley states that the property continued in the possession of the Irwin family until 1921. The final distribution of land from this estate took place in 1969 and the house was demolished.