William Davis was the occupier of a property valued at £8, together with over 120 acres at Leggatinty, barony of Frenchpark, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the same townland he was leasing a property, including a corn mill, valued at £18, to James McCann. In 1814 Paul Davis was resident at Clonchanville, Frenchpark and Lewis records this as the seat of J. Davis, in 1837. The 1749 Census of Elphin records W. Davis resident at Clegarna in the parish of Tibohine. Only some foundation stones of Cloonshanville Mill remain. There is a house, probably not original, on the site of Cloonshanville House.